What is Co-Active Professional Coach Training?
Co-Active Coach Training is widely recognized as the most rigorous professional coach training and certification program in the industry. As the largest and most established professional coach training organization in the world, CTI has trained over 65,000 coaches, including employees in more than a third of the Fortune 100 companies.
Includes: Fundamentals, Fulfillment, Balance, Process, Synergy
The Coach Training Journey
Step 1: Fundamentals
Co-Active Fundamentals of Coaching is the introduction to the Co-Active Model and the first course in the Co-Active Coach Training and Certification program. With a focus on experiential participation, you will have numerous opportunities to coach and receive feedback on your newly acquired skills. This course can be taken stand-alone and is recommended for anyone seeking practical systems for managing relationships with others—even if your goal is not to become a professional coach.
Step 2: Fulfillment
This course will develop your skill in helping clients discover their unique values, identify self-defeating influences, and create their individualized vision for a compelling future and fulfilling life. Fulfillment coaching is about facilitating opportunities for others to create lives that are centered in what makes them feel most alive.
- Identify Values How to assist clients in identifying their unique values, and in assessing their satisfaction with living those values.
- Access Range How to use a model of inner dialog to assist clients in accessing the full range of their ability and power.
- Transcend Limitations How to help clients identify and let go of preconceived rules, limitations and self-defeating influences.
- Create Fulfillment Learn proprietary coaching tools and methods for creating fulfillment. Concepts include life purpose, inner leader, and identifying allies and saboteurs.
Step 3: Balance
In this course, coaches learn how to assist their clients in developing new perspectives and how to create a plan of action grounded in commitment to what is most meaningful. People always say they want more balance in their lives. What they usually want is to feel they are choosing their life, not just reacting to it.
- “Respond-ability” How to help people make choices from a place of flow and alignment, rather than reacting out of urgency.
- Perspective Building How to help your clients realize many new perspectives.
- Forwarding Action The 5-step process for moving from feeling stuck to embracing possibility and taking action.
- Power of Choice How to coach clients to make conscious choices rather than allow themselves to be controlled by circumstances.
- Self-Affirmation How to coach clients to create an exciting, life-affirming strategy for action that arises out of the perspective they’ve chosen, and to make their most resonant choice.
Step 4: Process
While a lot of coaching focuses on moving forward, Process coaching focuses on the internal experience, on what is happening in the moment. You’ll learn to help clients work through emotionally charged issues. You’ll help them to understand that—although uncomfortable—chaos, confusion, and inertia are a vital part of achieving forward motion in life.
- Experiential Coaching How to engage the Process coaching skills, so that clients “experience” (beyond talk) what exists specifically for them.
- Presence & Flexibility How to develop your own capacity to remain present in challenging situations.
- Individuation How to simply be with the other person: fully engaged, attentive, and open.
- Fluidity How to fluidly move between and integrate the principles of Co-Active coaching: Fulfillment, Balance, and Process.
- The Nature of Process How the shortest distance between here and there isn’t always a straight line.
- Attuned Listening How to simply be with the other person, fully engaged, attentive, and open.
Step 5: Synergy
Synergy integrates the complete range of coaching skills learned in the previous courses, so you can take your Co-Active coaching to a higher level of professionalism and impact. With Synergy, you can focus deeply on your client and trust that the direction you need to take is already inside you. Coaching from this place allows you to tap into your intuition, so you can coach with more flexibility, ease, and confidence.
- Coaching Framework Build a coaching framework and learn how to articulate and leverage the principles, contexts, cornerstones, and skills of Co-Active coaching.
- Creative Confidence How to integrate your own creativity and ability with what you have learned in previous Co-Active courses.
- Targeted Impact How to cultivate depth and courage to increase your impact.
- Unlocking Intuition How to gain the confidence to rely on your intuition and power to create “in the moment” interactions, rather than getting stuck in preconceived techniques or rules.
- Generative Interaction How to generate coaching interactions that are dynamic and alive.
What Participants Are Saying
“I completely underestimated the way in which my mind would be blown from this experience.”
“CTI’s training is genuinely world class. It grows you as a coach and as a person. I can’t recommend them any more highly.”
“One of the best courses ever!”
Want To Learn More About Co-Active?
To learn more about the methodology taught in our courses,
here are a couple of chapters from our Co-Active books.